Great Excitement for Caitlin (which is a little tricky, since she doesn't 'do' great excitement well....) She heard from UNC Chapel Hill on Wednesday that she was accepted, and then got the big yes from Wake Forest University today. Tough decision. Carolina Tarheel or a Demon Deacon?
And Shiloh's latest....
January 20, 2009
Thats insane about the snow. Six inches is a lot for anything. I wonder how the pond looks with all of that.
I can't believe that Caitlin got accepted to both of those schools. Actually, I can believe it, she is a genious.
I dont count Becca liking that chocolate as much. She doesn't eat it right anyway. She takes pride in the fact that she chews dark chocolate. That is a bold transgression. It's actually one of the baptismal interview questions now.
A lot of stuff has happened of late. Two nights ago I got to eat monkey. As we sat on the floor and the children and mother brought out the dishes of food the dad, Bro Harrison (the same family that has the pet monkey), told us that we would be eating monkey. We thought he was just joking but he wouldn't take it back. He kept telling us to just try it, so we did. It was a really tough meat but it tasted really different and really good. It was a really sweet meat. I asked him what kind of monkey it was and he said, "Monyet itu yang tidak ada ekor, ekor pedek saja." "That monkey that doesnt have a tail, just a very short tail." Im not sure which kind that is, other than the delicious kind.
For other news I got transfered into the same area that I am in now. I am switching companions and houses and I am going to be the new District Leader. Don't worry about the package address, I am still in the same appartment complex. The packages only go to the post office and we pick them up from there so it will still be the same. My new companion will be (the transfer takes affect this Monday), Elder Campbell from Sandy, Utah. He is a really cool guy.Thats about it for news here, let me know how Jacobs birthday goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A BIG CONGRATS to Caitlin on getting accepted to 2 great schools!!! Can't wait to hear which one she chooses!! AND what she will study! :)
Congrats Caitlin! Hmmm decisions. Can't you do eeny meeny miny moe? Flip a coin?
Post a Comment