I think I left off in mid March....
Jaimee started phase II with her orthodontics and had braces put back on. A week later, during one of her soccer games, she took an elbow to the mouth. Chipped a top and bottom tooth. Didn't stop the play though. She later took the girl down with a slide tackle. She thinks. The girl had a twin on the team and she got one of them. But, we got the teeth fixed and she is as lovely as ever.

I had mentioned on a previous blog that Shiloh sent us Sarungs. I think Jacob's vest adds a nice touch.

Shiloh bought this parosol for Jaimee at the state fair, pre-mission. She thought the chinese characters on it went well with her asian sarung.Jacob finished his classes in mid May. He is no longer working at Target (bye-bye 3:00a.m.) and is working for a pest control company. He's also taking a summer class. He also moved out in May, found a roommate and he's living near NC State campus. We usually see him briefly on Sundays and try to have food to send home with him.
Caitlin took four AP classes, English Lit, Statistics, U.S. History, and 3-D Studio Art. Since school started last August, the art class has consumed most of her time and our kitchen table. She had her exams in the beginning of May, and now she's just coasting until she can walk across the football field and receive her diploma. She has decided to be a Tarheel. Her first choice was Wake Forest, but UNC is covering most of her tuition and expenses, so Carolina it is.
Becca. Well. March found her enjoying track. And then April hit. She started the month with shingles. She missed a few days of school and then the girls were out for spring break. When school started back again, she made arrangements with all her teachers to make up her missed school work and tests. The week she was to make up her tests, she came down with a nasty gastroenteritis that kept her mostly horizontal for a week. We had to run her down to the urgent care to get her rehydrated. She also turned 16 that week. We propped her up and made her open some presents. As of this writing, she just completed all her make up work, projects, and tests. Just in time for finals this week.

We (okay, me) couldn't resist using this motorcycle prop. I love the training wheels.

Jaimee's photo's haven't been updated professionally because she's working every Saturday. Hopefully once the strawberry season is over I can get her in.

At this point with the blog entry, I had a bunch of pictures from Shiloh. As I was trying to copy and paste snippets from his emails, it wasn't working. So, I saved this entry as a draft and just stepped away.....far away. Instead of getting overly frustrated, I'll do a two-part update. This is the American Kids update. My goal is to get the Singaporean Kid update before the week is out. I can do it.

We (okay, me) couldn't resist using this motorcycle prop. I love the training wheels.

Jaimee's photo's haven't been updated professionally because she's working every Saturday. Hopefully once the strawberry season is over I can get her in.

At this point with the blog entry, I had a bunch of pictures from Shiloh. As I was trying to copy and paste snippets from his emails, it wasn't working. So, I saved this entry as a draft and just stepped away.....far away. Instead of getting overly frustrated, I'll do a two-part update. This is the American Kids update. My goal is to get the Singaporean Kid update before the week is out. I can do it.



3 comments:
Ha, I looooove the motorcycle picture. It totally shows Becca's wild side. :)
The Sarungs look pretty good on you guys. I know a family that looks AMAZING in them though.
Oh, and Becca's biker picture is pretty spot on with that rough around the edges personality she's got. HA!
I love the sarungs! As for you and Shayne kissing...get a room! The girls are lovely and Jacob is such a dapper dude. He's pretty funny on Facebook and seems to be pretty popular with the ladies. Say hi to that guy in Singapore!
Post a Comment